We thought you will like the German Savoy Cabbage Chicken Rolls as your next dinner idea. Savoy cabbage is a typical winter vegetable and one of several cabbage varieties. It is thought to have originated from England and the Netherlands.
So how to cook savoy cabbage? If you can find savoy cabbage in your supermarket or farmers market, do not hesitate to make this dish. Happy Cooking!
1 savoy cabbage
salt, white pepper to taste
4 fresh chicken breasts
1 branch fresh rosemary
8 slices very thin prosciutto or German smoked ham
4 tbsp oil
1 small onion
150 fresh cream cheese
Fresh chopped herbs such as thyme, oregano or a Provence herb mix
cooking yarn to secure the rolls
– Remove 12 leaves from the savoy cabbage, wash and blanch them 1-2 min in boiling hot water with some salt.
– Wash remaining savoy cabbage, cut in thin stripes.
– Chop rosemary fine (use only the small leaves).
– Wash chicken breast and pat dry. Spice with salt, pepper and rosemary.
– Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of ham.
– Use 3 savoy leaves for 1 roll, place them together and wrap the chicken in it.
– With kitchen yarn secure the rolls so they won’t fall apart.
– Brown cabbage rolls in hot oil. Spice with salt and pepper. Place rolls in a fire proof form.
– Add 0.5 liter water.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 390 F for 30 min.
Make the Sauce
– Peel onion, chop fine. Together with cabbage stripes fry onions in hot oil.
– Spice with salt and pepper.
– Add cream cheese with herbs, let it melt on lower heat, wile mixing; bring to a boil, spice to taste if needed.
Before serving cut off the yarn from the rolls.
Serve with fried, boiled or mashed potatoes, and the creamy cheese sauce or alternatively make a sauce Hollandaise
Find here the – Recipe Sauce Hollandaise –