The German salmon sandwich is not really a sandwich as you might think. In Germany we use a slice of bread and top it with all kinds of cheeses, meats or salmon. That's how the classic German sandwich is served. Makes a great snack or supper. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Salmon Sandwich
(makes 1 sandwich)
1 hard boiled egg
1-2 slices of smoked Salmon
3-4 onion rings
natural cream cheese
1 slice of German rye bread (or similiar)
mild paprika powder, salt, white pepper to taste
butter for 1 slice
Cooking Instructions German Salmon Sandwich
- Spread butter on the slice of bread evenly.
- On top spread cream cheese evenly.
- Place salmon slices on top.
- Cut hard boiled egg in slices.
- Place the egg slices and onion rings on salmon.
- Sprinkle with mild paprika powder, salt and white pepper to taste.
- If you like decorate with some cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.