The German Rahmschnitzel is a very easy German meat dish. It's just delicious for a festive menu. You can use pork or veal schnitzel, the best is pre-cut. It's a popular German dish that can be found on many restaurant menus. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Rahmschnitzel
4 veal schnitzel (alternatively pork)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp clarified butter
1/8 liter white wine, dry
200 ml heavy cream
2 tbsp creme fraiche (optional)
lemon pepper to taste
1 dash sugar
1 tbsp parsley or chives, chopped
Cooking Instructions German Rahmschnitzel
- Tenderize the meat.
- Spice both sides of the schnitzel with salt and pepper.
- Dust a thin layer of flour on the meat.
- Heat clarified butter, fry the meat on both sides for 4 min each side until it shows a golden brown coloration.
- Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Add white wine to the pan, with a wooden spoon stir until you have scratched off all fond.
- Let simmer for some minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add heavy cream and creme fraiche.
- Spice with lemon pepper and sugar.
- Serve each slice with gravy.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Side dishes: Spaetzle, pasta, fried or mashed potatoes, dumplings.