The German Raffaello Dessert will be the high light of your dinner. It contains quark, heavy cream and Raffaelos, the popular coconut candy from Ferrero who also is the maker of Nutella. In the USA the coconut-almond candy Raffaelo is available at various supermarkets such as Walgreens, Staples and Walmart. You just have to get quark - The best is to make your own - Go to How to make Quark - Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Raffaello Dessert
500 g quark
200 ml heavy cream
50 g sugar
2 packages vanilla sugar, 0.6oz - How to make Vanilla Sugar -
400 g frozen or fresh raspberries
1 package Raffaello (5.3 oz, 150 g)
Cooking Instructions German Raffaello Dessert
- Remove the Raffaello balls from the package, mash each ball (best is using a potato masher).
- Add quark, sugar and vanilla sugar, and mashed Raffaellos, mix well.
- Beat heavy cream until firm.
- Mix with the Raffaello cream.
- Place frozen raspberries in dessert bowls or glasses, cover with the mashed Raffaellos (or make layers). Let sit for 4-5 hours in the fridge until raspberries are thawed.
- If you use fresh raspberries, enjoy the dessert right away!