The German Raffaello Dessert will be the highlight of your menu. It contains quark, heavy cream and Raffaelos, the popular coconut candy from Ferrero who also is the maker of the famous bread spread Nutella. In the USA the coconut-almond candy Raffaelo is available at various supermarkets such as Walgreens, Staples and Walmart. You just have to get quark or make it from scratch. Go to How to make Quark – Happy Cooking!
(makes 4 servings)
500 g quark – Substitutes & Alternatives for Quark –
200 ml heavy cream
50 g sugar
2 packages vanilla sugar, 0.6oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
400 g frozen or fresh raspberries
1 box Raffaello (5.3 oz, 150 g)
– Remove the Raffaello balls from the package, and mash each ball (best is using a potato masher).
– Combine quark, sugar and vanilla sugar, and add the mashed Raffaello. Mix well.
– Beat heavy cream until firm.
– Mix with the Raffaello cream.
– Place frozen raspberries in dessert bowls or glasses.
– Cover with the cream (or make layers).
– Let sit for 4-5 hours in the fridge until raspberries are thawed (if you use fresh raspberries you don’t have to do this step).
– With fresh raspberries, enjoy the dessert right away!
—- AVAILABLE NOW —-