This is a German quark Recipe: sweet quark pan cakes or "Quarkkeulchen" as we say in German. Main ingredient is quark. If you cannot find it in an US super market, I am afraid you have to make quark at home. It is not that difficult. We provide a recipe in this recipe below. The sweet quark pan cakes are great with any fresh or canned fruit. The classic version is with raisins and apple sauce though. Great dish for a brunch or for breakfast. Or just as a sweet dish for supper. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Quark Recipe: Sweet Quark Pan Cakes
500 g Quark - How to Make Quark Recipe -
8 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 dash salt
2 tbsp semolina
1 splash lemon juice
raisins as needed
sunflower oil for frying
apple sauce and sugar
Cooking Instructions German Quark Recipe: Sweet Quark Pan Cakes
- In a bowl combine quark with flour, eggs, sugar, salt, semolina, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add raisins, mix.
- If dough should become firmer, add some more flour.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a pan.
- The dough cannot be formed into cakes. Use 1 table spoon to get the dough out of the bowl, use the other one to get the dough into the pan. Place the heaps into the got oil.
- Fry them on both sides until they have a golden brown color.
Sprinkle with sugar and serve with apple sauce or any fresh fruit. Compote would be suitable too.