This German potato mushroom soup is served with fried bacon on top. It's an easy soup to make. Wonderful for a dinner during the winter months. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Potato Mushroom Soup
750 g potatoes, such as Russet
150 g white or brown mushrooms (Crimini)
Vegetables for the Soup: 1 carrot, 1 leek, parsley root, 1/2 celery root
1 onion, 1 garlic clove
1 leave lovage (Liebstöckel), fresh or 1 tsp dry
1 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp marjoram and caraway seeds
800 ml water
1-2 tsp instant broth (optional)
salt, pepper to taste
150 g bacon or Speck, small cubes
200 ml heavy cream
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Cooking Instructions German Potato Mushroom Soup
- Peel potatoes, cut ins mall cubes.
- Clean mushrooms, cut in quarters.
- Wash all other vegetable, cut leek, celery, garlic, onion in small pieces. Not the carrot.
- Heat clarified butter, fry potatoes briefly. Add mushrooms, fry for 1-2 min.
- Now add all other vegetables, saute for some minutes. Combine with water and/or instant broth and carrot.
- Spice with all herbs, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for about 20 min.
- Remove carrot from soup, cut in small cubes, set aside.
- Chop parsley, cut bacon in small cubes, fry in a pan without adding any grease. Place on kitchen paper to drain fat.
- Add heavy cream.
- Puree soup with stick mixer, bring to a brief boil, spice if necessary.
- Serve with fried bacon, carrot pieces and parsley on top.