Do you have a source for the German Leberkaese? If so then this dish is waiting to be made: German Potato Leberkaese Pan with Fried Eggs. In case you don’t know where to buy Leberkaese, we can recommend Bavariasausage.com. They make it from scratch after their German recipe.Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Potato Leberkaese Pan
5 spring onions
750 g little potatoes
250 g Leberkäse
3 tbsp taste neutral oil
salt, white or black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp thyme, dried
1.5 tbsp butter
some chopped parsley
Cooking Instructions German Potato Leberkaese Pan
– Wash spring onions, cut in small rings.
– Peel potatoes, cut in quarters or if they are quite small in halves.
– Heat oil in a pan, add spring onions, saute briefly.
– Cut Leberkaese in smaller cubes, add to the onions.
– Spice with salt and pepper to taste.
– Fry for about 5 minutes, turn frequently, then remove from pan. Place on kitchen paper so oil can drain.
– In the same pan fry the potatoes for about 20 min, spice to taste.
– When potatoes are soft add Leberkaese mix, then dried thyme.
– In a separate pan heat butter and fry the eggs.
– Place the Leberkaese-potato mix on a place and serve the fried egg on top.
– Sprinkle with chopped parsley.