This German potato celery salad is a light and healthy German salad not just for the barbecue season. It is a great salad as a side dish or even a main dish served with fresh bread. You will be surprised how easy it is to make. The recipe is using sliced sausages as an ingredient which is optional. If you like to add sausages you can add Wiener or Frankfurter sausages or Bologna. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Potato Celery Salad
350 g potatoes, organic, pref. Gold potatoes
250 g celery
2 tbsp oil
1/8 l vegetable broth, instant - How to make Vegetable Broth -
salt, pepper to taste
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 Wiener, Frankfurter Sausages (optional)
Cooking Instructions Potato Celery Salad
- Boil the potatoes with the skin.
- Peel onion and chop fine.
- Wash celery, cut in thin slices.
- Saute onion and celery in oil.
- Add the broth, spice with salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard.
- When potatoes are done, peel them while they are hot. Poke the potato on a fork and skin it with a knife.
- Cut into fine slices.
- Add sliced potatoes to broth.
- Cut chives and mix with salad.
- If you use sausages: Heat sausages slowly in water, cut them in slices and combine with salad.
Serve with fresh bread and butter.