German Pork Rolls or in German "Schnitzelrouladen" are easy to make. The pork rolls are filled with carrots, lettuce on a layer of creamy horse radish. It takes 45 minutes to make it and one portion counts only 740 calories. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (serves 4) German Pork Rolls
250 g carrots
4 pork schnitzel (150g each)
2 tbsp creamy horseradish
salt, pepper, 4 tbsp oil
1/8 l beef broth instant
1/4 l milk
150 g onion springs (Schalotten)
300 g frozen peas
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-2 tbsp flour
1 bunch chives
potatoes for mashed potatoes
Cooking Instructions German Pork Rolls
- Peel carrots, cut in fine stripes Julienne style. Place pork slices next to each other.
- Wash salad and spin it dry. Spread a thin layer of horseradish on each pork slice, then place 1-2 leaves on top.
- Add some carrots and roll them, pin with tooth picks or rouladen pins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and fry rolls all around, then add broth; let it saute for 15020 minutes.
- Make mashed potatoes and fill content in a decorating bag with a star nozzle; on a greased baking tray make little "roses" and bake them in pre-heated oven on 375 F for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Peel onion springs, cut in half if necessary; saute in remaining oil, add remaining carrots and peas, saute them until tender, then shortly before serving add chopped lettuce leaves to the vegetable, spice with salt and pepper.
- Take rolls out of the skillet and keep them warm. Add heavy cream into skillet, bring to a boil, sieve flour to the sauce and bring again to a boil.
- Cut chives and add to the sauce. Spice with salt and pepper. Remove toothpicks or pins before serving.
Serve together on a warm plate.