This German pear cake is so easy to make and you don’t even have to find quark; the recipe is using Greek yoghurt which is very creamy and should have some far, so don’t use the non-fat version. Just mix all ingredients together and bake it – done. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Pear Cake
(for an 9,5 inch or 24cm spring form)
90 g sugar
3 eggs, separated
30 g flour
250 g Greek yoghurt or half cream cheese and half yoghurt/sour cream
1/2 organic lemon, juice and zest
2 ripe pears or pear halves from the jar
1 dash salt
Baking Instructions German Pear Cake
– Peel pears, remove seeds and cut in 8 quarters.
– Sprinkle pears with lemon juice.
– Beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
– Add flour followed by the yoghurt and lemon zest.
– Pre-heat oven to 330 F.
– Beat egg white until firm, add to dough, carefully fold it in.
– Grease a spring form and fill in the dough.
– Place pears on top.
– Bake for 40-50 min (convection) on 165 C or 330 F; cover eventually with foil so the cake won’t get brown.
Let completely cool off, then place it in the fridge. You can dust the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Enjoy a piece with a cup of coffee!!