This Original German peach quark pastry is not that difficult to make, and if you don't have a European bakery nearby, you probably will have no other chance than baking them.
The puff pastry dough can be purchased from Pillsbury and Pepperidge (Target), Costco carries them too. Depending on the kind of pastry dough you use, you either have to roll the dough and make squares, or use pre-cut sheets. Instead of peaches you can use other fruit such as apricots, cherries, mandarins, strawberries or blueberries. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Peach Quark Pastry
4 sheets puff pastry dough, frozen (200 g)
150 g quark - How to Make Quark -
30 g sugar
1 tbsp vanilla pudding or cornstarch and some vanilla extract
4 peach halves (can)
For the glaze: 30 g powdered sugar, some water
2 tbsp apricot jam
sliced almonds, blanched
Baking Instructions German Peach Quark Pastry
- Thaw the pastry dough sheets per instructions.
- Optional: Roll each of them to squares if you don't use a pre-cut dough.
- Separate the egg, and combine with sugar and pudding powder.
- Place the cream on the middle of each square and spread it a bit. Put one peach halve in the middle.
- Take the edges of the square and gently press them together towards the middle.
- Beat the other egg and with a baking brush spread over the dough.
- Bake on 200 C or 390 F.
- Heat apricot jam. Mix powdered sugar with some water.
- Glaze the warm pastries first with jam, then with the sugar glaze.
You can cut the peaches into little pieces.
Use other frozen or canned berries instead of peaches.
Instead of the vanilla pudding you could use chocolate pudding.
Use a mix of fruit such as the peach in the middle and strawberries around.