If you like chicken then this recipe will be for you! The German Paprika Chicken or some call it “Chicken Paprikasch” is a delicious chicken recipe. For an authentic taste use the Hungarian paprika, it is the best for this dish. Happy Cooking!
4 chicken thighs
3 peppers (red, green, yellow)
2 small onions
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato paste
sour cream (125g) or creme fraiche
salt, pepper, Hungarian mild or hot paprika to taste
– Wash chicken thighs, pat dry, spice to taste.
– Heat clarified butter, brown thighs on medium heat evenly on all sides (about 8 min). Don’t use high heat as the paprika powder will burn and will get black and bitter.
– Meanwhile chop pepper in very small pieces.
– Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
– Fry chopped onions and garlic in the same pan until they look light brown.
– Add pepper, saute for 3 min, add tomato paste and saute for 1-2 min.
– Place thighs on top and let simmer covered for 30-40 min.
– Remove chicken and keep warm in the oven.
– Make a gravy by adding more spices and, if it should look too dry, add some chicken broth (can be made instant).
– Add sour cream or creme fraiche. Don’t bring to a boil anymore.
Serve chicken with the gravy on rice, pasta, fried or mashed potatoes.
Sauerkraut – Red Cabbage – Spätzle – All in ONE BOX!