If you like chicken then this recipe will be for you! The German Paprika Chicken or some call it chicken Paprikasch is a delicious chicken recipe. Please use the Hungarian paprika spice, it is the best for this dish. We also recommend to use organic chicken. Happy Cooking!
4 chicken thighs
3 peppers, red, green, yellow
2 small onions
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato paste
sour cream (125g) or creme fraiche
salt, pepper, Hungarian mild paprika and chili pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions German Paprika Chicken
– Wash chicken thighs, pat dry, spice with all spices.
– Heat clarified butter, brown thighs on medium heat evenly on all sides (about 8 min). Don’t use high heat as the paprika powder will burn and get black and bitter.
– Meanwhile chop pepper in small pieces.
– Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Fry chopped onions and garlic in the same pan until light brown.
– Add pepper, saute for 3 min, add tomato paste and saute 1-2 min.
– Place thighs on top and let simmer covered for 30-40 min.
– Remove chicken and keep warm in the oven.
– Make a gravy by adding more spices and if too dry add some chicken broth (instant).
– Add sour cream. Don’t bring it to a boil anymore.
Serve chicken with the gravy, rice, pasta, fried or mashed potatoes.