These German Mocha Christmas Cookies are just irresistible. These cookies are a combination of chocolate, coffee and a hint of mocha liqueur – so delicious. Surprise your family and friends with these exclusive German Mocha cookies for the holidays. Happy Baking!
4 egg white, 200 g sugar
1 1/2 tbsp instant espresso coffee
100 g dark semi-sweet baking chocolate
100 ml heavy cream
60 g butter
1 tbsp espresso instant
2 tbsp mocha liqueur eg Kahlua or Godiva – find it at Bevmo –
150 g dark chocolate frosting (or dark baking chocolate) Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
– Beat egg white until firm; add slowly sugar and continue beating until the egg white is firm so you can cut it with a knife. Mix in instant espresso.
– Layer 3 baking trays with baking paper; fill egg white in frosting bag and squirt sticks of 4cm or 2 inches length on the trays.
– Bake them in preheated oven on 110 C or 230 F for 40 minutes. Don’t close oven door completely; place a wooden spoon between oven and door so all moisture can get out. After baking time turn oven off and let the sticks dry for 5 hours in the oven.
– Chop baking chocolate and melt it in using double-boiler method.
– Heat cream and butter, add chocolate, espresso and liqueur, mix it an keep it cold for 3 hours.
– Move the sticks carefully from the baking sheets.
– Spread on each bottom side (the flat side) some chocolate cream and press another stick against it (for each cookie 2 sticks); you stick them together.
– Melt frosting in using double-boiler method, let it cool off a bit but not too much, should not be firm at all. Take the sticks, hold them in the middle and dip the ends into the frosting.
– Place them on a baking grid and let them get firm but don’t place them into the fridge. Keep them at a dry place.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.