German dinners are just delicious! If you are looking for a dinner idea, a recipe that is easy to make and wont take much of your time, then this recipe is for you! The German meatloaf with creamy potatoes will be cooked in the oven for about 1 hour, then serve with lettuce or vegetables of your choice. If you like add cheese such as feta, gouda, mozarella or cheddar – it’s optional but the cheese adds some nice taste to it. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Meatloaf with Creamy Potatoes
700 g ground beef
1 slice of bread or 4 tbsp bread crumbs
salt, pepper, paprika mild to taste
8 smaller potatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp instant broth
4-5 slices cheese such as Gouda, Mozzarella, Feta or cheddar (optional)
hint of nutmeg
Cooking Instructions German Meatloaf with Creamy Potatoes
– preheat oven to 350 F.
– Mix ground beef with spices, egg, bread crumbs (if you use sliced bread soak it in water, press out all excess water, then add to meat).
– Knead meat with hands until it is smooth and can be formed.
– Place half of the meat in an oven proof form (leave some space all around).
– Cut feta in slices, place on meat.
– Add remaining meat on top of the cheese, Form it to a loaf.
– Peel potatoes and slice thin. Place them all around the meat loaf, sprinkle with some salt.
– Add the instant broth to the heavy cream, mix well, add some nutmeg; pour over potatoes.
– Bake for 1 hour on 350 F or until potatoes are soft.
Add sliced leek or carrots to the potatoes.