The German ketchup recipe is authentic, and it is a universal recipe! Forget about ketchup with chemicals and high fructose syrup! This German ketchup is all natural and can be organic when using all organic ingredients. Lasts several months. And it is very easy to make. You just need ripe tomatoes. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Ketchup Recipe
2 kg ripe tomatoes
250 g onions
1 tbsp salt
100 g sugar (or less, depending how sweet it should be)
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp white pepper, ground
1 tsp mustard seeds, ground
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/2 tsp piment, ground (all spice)
Cooking Instructions German Ketchup Recipe
- Wash tomatoes, cut off stem part of tomatoes, cut in smaller pieces.
- Chop onions fine.
- Place tomatoes and onions in a high pot, let simmer for 45 min.
- Press through a fine sieve, place back into the pot and let simmer until thickened.
- Spice tomato ketchup and fill in wide neck bottles that were rinsed with boiling water.
- Close bottles right away.
This ketchup lasts for 2-3 months.