A very easy German recipe for Halloween; you just need some decorating items such as licorice wheels and drops from Haribo, a food decorating pen or melted chocolate that is using with a simple freezing bag. Just cut of a tiny corner piece and squeeze spider legs and bodies or spider webs onto the muffin surface. Happy Baking!
125 g butter
100 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker – How to Make Vanilla Sugar –
125 g flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Haribo licorice wheels and drops
Baking Instructions German Halloween Muffin Recipe
– Pre-heat oven to F370 (180C)
– Grease muffin forms (use a tray).
– Mix soft butter, sugar and vanilla sugar thoroughly, then add one egg after the other.
– Mix flour with baking powder and add to dough.
– Fill dough into paper forms that had been placed into the forms and bake 15-20 minutes until they are golden colored.
– Let them cool off on a grid.
For the decoration unwind the licorice wheels and cut them into 2.5 inches long stripes.
– Melt white chocolate frosting in using double boiler method and spread it over the muffins.
– Licorice stripes can be used as spider legs and 1 or 2 drops for the body.
– Using food decorating pen make a spider net on other muffins.