The German Ground Beef Chickpea Stew can be made fast with just a few simple ingredients. So much better than processed fast food or micro wave dinners. The best is, it does not take long to make it – just 30 minutes! Did you know that chickpeas are high in fiber and protein, and contain several key vitamins and minerals? Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Ground Beef Chickpea Stew
3-4 medium size carrots
400 g ground beef
1 can chickpeas, 425 ml (garbanzo)
4 tbsp Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp flour
1-2 tbsp oil
salt, white pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp curry (optional)
1 tsp vegetable broth instant (organic, natural)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Cooking Instructions German Ground Beef Chickpea Stew
– Peel carrots, garlic and onions. Slice carrots; cut onions in stripes; cut garlic fine.
– Heat oil in a skillet. Fry onions and garlic for 2 min.
– Add ground beef and brown for about 8 min.
– Spice with salt and pepper.
– Remove from skillet.
– Fry carrots in the same oil, dust with flour and curry.
– Add 300 ml water, bring to a boil, add instant broth.
– Drain chickpeas, rinse with cold water.
– Combine meat, chickpeas with carrots. Add yogurt, spice with salt and pepper as needed.
– Add chopped parsley
Serve with rice or fresh bread.