The German Green Bean potato salad is a great salad for the barbecue in summer. Green beans and potatoes are a good combination. If you like you can make this salad without potatoes or add some other vegetable such as red radishes. Happy Cooking!
500 g green beans
2-3 smaller potatoes
1 small onion
3 tbsp red or white vinegar
6 tbsp sunflower oil or a mild olive oil
salt, black pepper to taste, 1 dash nut meg
Note: If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby get the spice “21 Seasoning Salute”. It’s a great spice mix for salads.
– Wash and clean green beans, cut long ones in haf.
– In salt water cook beans until they are soft, but not too soft, they should have a soft crunch!
– Cook potatoes, let cool off.
– Cut onion in thin slices.
– Peel potatoes and slice them thin or cut in small cubes.
– Mix all dressing ingredients.
– Place beans and potatoes in a bowl, mix well with dressing.
– Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes, then serve.