This is an original German Goulash recipe or paprika beef stew with red pepper and mushrooms (in German Gulasch or Rindsgulasch). It is one of the ebst goulash variations and I got it from my sister-in-law from Germany. It is an authentic German recipe, proven and easy to make. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Goulash Recipe
500 g beef stew
2 medium size onions
2 red peppers
250 g mushrooms, white
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Tomato paste
salt, pepper, mild red paprika to taste
Cooking Instructions German Goulash Recipe
– Heat oil in a skillet; fry meat briskly bit by bit (don’t use it all at once); when all meat is browned take off the skillet.
– Chop onions finely, saute them until transparent in the same skillet.
– Cut red pepper in fine stripes, add to onions and saute them.
– Add meat, spice with salt, pepper and mild red paprika powder.
– Add 2-3 tbsp tomato past, fill up with some water (1/2 cup or less; should not be too thin).
– Reduce heat and let it simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours until meat is soft (depends on the meat).
– 10 minutes before the end of cooking time add sliced mushrooms.
Serve with your favorite pasta or rice.