These German Filled Almond Star Cookies will become your favorite Christmas cookie! They are filled with a wonderful marzipan-almond filling. Try them out and decide for yourselves. Happy Baking!
(makes 120 pieces)
100g powdered sugar
30 g almonds ground, 1 dash salt
100 g soft butter
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
200 g marzipan
8 tbsp milk
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg white, 1 dash salt
50 g almonds, ground and roasted
200 g chocolate or red glaze
red eatable color
– Sieve flour and sugar into a bowl.
– Add almonds, egg and egg yolk, dash of salt, mix and knead until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap dough in foil and keep cool for 2 hours.
– Roll the dough (use flour on the baking board) thin (2-3 mm); with a star cutter cut out stars and place them on a baking tray (layered with baking paper); keep it cool.
– Chop marzipan and dissolve it in a pan with milk and lemon; let cool off.
– Beat egg white with 1 dash salt until firm; mix with marzipan and at last add almonds.
– Place on each star 1/2tbsp of the filling in the middle of the star.
– Bake the stars in preheated oven on 170 C or 360 F for 12-15 minutes;
– Let cool off on the trays.
– Melt glaze in using double-boiler method and if you want to make them red, add some red color until you have the desired red color (preferably a darker red).
– Poke a cookie carefully on a thin fork (or use tooth pics) and dip it into the chocolate or red glaze but only to the edge of the filling in the middle(don’t dip the whole star); place them on a baking grid and let them dry so the glaze becomes firm; store at a cool place.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.