What can you do with hard boiled eggs? Here is an unusual recipe which I named Eggs Mirabell, because it did not have an appropriate title. It is a wonderful alternative for fried eggs or scrambled eggs, and a great idea for a brunch or breakfast. By the way, it is the same crust you would use for the Wiener Schnitzel.
Ingredients Eggs Mirabell (serves 6)
4-6 tbsp bread crumbs
Cooking fat, butter or oil
Toast of your choice
Tartar Sauce (in German Remoulade) or mayonnaise
Cooking Instructions Eggs Mirabell
- Boil six eggs until they are hard boiled, put them for some seconds in cold water, so you can peel them easily.
- Whisk another egg in a bowl and add bred crumbs on a separate plate.
- Roll the eggs first in the egg, than really good in bread crumbs until the whole egg is covered with a thick crust.
- Bake them in enough grease or fat in a pan until the crust is golden-brown.
- Place them on toast slices with green salad leaves.
- You can butter the toast first, add some mayonnaise, then the salad and on top the eggs.
- Eat the eggs with Tartar Sauce, mayonnaise and pickles.