This is such an easy salad to make! The German cucumber tomato salad is a healthy salad and tastes the best when using organic vegetables. It is a suitable side dish for the barbecue grill or goes very well with Bratwurst, Wiener Schnitzel or fried potatoes. Try it out. You will love this combination. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Cucumber Tomato Salad
4 ripe tomatoes
1/2 English cucumber, organic
1-2 spring onions or 1/2 medium size onion (shallots are tasty too)
salt, pepper to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp chopped parsley and chives
Cooking Instructions German Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Cut each tomato in 8 pieces. Place into a bowl.
- If you want peel cucumbers (not necessary if using organic ones). Slice thinly.
- Cut onion in thin slices.
- Mix spices, herbs, oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to salad, mix well, let sit for 5 min. Add more salt and pepper if needed.