Looking for a different German potato salad? We did some research and found a wonderful recipe for a potato salad: German Cucumber Potato Salad with Eggs. It is a super easy salad to make, great for the barbecue, or as a side dish with sausages or the German burgers – Find the recipe for German Burgers (Frikadelle) Here – Happy Cooking!
Ingredients German Cucumber Potato Salad
1 kg potatoes, yellow, Gold
1,5 -2 English cucumbers (depends on size)
3 hard boiled eggs
1 small-medium onion
300 g mayonnaise
1 tsp marjoram, dried
nutmeg, pepper, salt to taste
5 tbsp chopped chives
Cooking Instructions German Cucumber Potato Salad
– Boil potatoes, drain, let them sit in the pot covered for some time, so the steam settles.
– Peel cucumber, grate fine (if you use organic cucumbers, don’t peel them).
– Spice with some salt, let sit for 10 min.
– Peel onion, cut fine or cut in half, then in very thin slices.
– Spice with salt, pepper, marjoram and nutmeg to taste.
– Press with hands some water out of the grated cucumber.
– Cut 2 eggs in slices.
– Peel potatoes and cut in fine slices.
– Combine potatoes, cucumber, eggs and onions with mayonnaise (keep 1 egg for decoration if you like).
– If needed spice to taste. Add chopped chives at the end.