Nothing can get wrong with this German creamy potato soup recipe. It is so easy that children can make the soup. In Germany we have thousands of potato recipes and this is a potato soup that you will love. Simple and tasty! Happy Cooking!
2 kg potatoes
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 liter vegetable broth, instant or home made – GO to RECIPE: Home Made Vegetable Broth –
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, 1 bay leave
1-2 tsp marjoram, fresh, chopped
3 tbsp heavy cream
2-3 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream
salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
Cooking Instructions German Creamy Potato Soup
- Peel potatoes, cut 5 potatoes in small cubes. Remaining potatoes in thin slices.
- Heat oil in a skillet, fry potato cubes until crunchy. Place on kitchen paper and keep until soup is done.
- In a pan melt butter until it is bubbly, add chopped onions, saute until onions look transparent.
- Add broth, potatoes, salt, pepper, nutmeg, bay leave and marjoram. Cook for 15 min until potatoes are soft.
- Remove bay leave, add heavy cream and with a stick mixer puree the soup.
- Spice if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the fried potato cubes before serving.