The German cream cheese cake or Käsesahnetorte in German, is a classic cake. You can find it in any German bakery but in the USA, you must bake it. There are 2 ways: Use this recipe or use a Dr Oetker baking mix. If you want to bake it we recommend to have some baking experience. Some special ingredients and utensils are needed. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Cream Cheese Cake
4 egg yolk
200 g sugar
500 g quark – How to Make Quark –
250 ml milk
7 sheets gelatine
Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
500g heavy cream
1 dash salt
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 cake ring
If you like a Baking Mix instead – Check this out!
Baking Instructions German Cream Cheese Cake
– Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 350 F
– Combine eggs with sugar and beat for 8-10 min (don’t stop earlier).
– Mix flour, starch and baking powder – Sieve to dough. Fold in carefully.
– Layer a 26 cm or 10 inch spring form with parchment paper.
– Place dough into form, spread even.
– Bake for 20-25 min.
– When done place on a rack to let cool off.
– Release cake from the form, remove parchment paper.
– Cut horizontally in half.
Make the Filling
– Soak gelatin in cold water
– Combine egg yolks, lemon zest, sugar and milk in a pan. Mix very well.
– On medium heat warm while stirring continuously until you see that it is thickening (don’t bring to boil!)
– Squeeze all water out of the gelatin, add to filling, mix until dissolved.
– Pour filling through a sieve to remove clumps.
– Add quark into a large bowl and combine with filling. Mix until you get a smooth cream.
– Beat heavy cream until firm.
– Combine with filling.
– For the bottom layer place one of the biscuit cakes into a cake ting.
– Fill in the filling.
– Place second biscuit cake on top.
– Let sit in fridge over night so the filling can get firm.
Convenient & Practical Products