Delicious German Cranberry cookies for Christmas, the holidays and special occasions. The cookies contain cranberries! How delicious! These German Christmas cookies are easy to make. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Cranberry Cookies
1 tbsp cocoa
25 g dried cranberries
1 egg white
1 dash salt, 2 tbsp sugar
25 g ground almonds
1 tbsp starch
85 g powdered sugar
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
Baking Instructions German Cranberry Cookies
For the dough
– Cut butter in cubes.
– Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, cocoa, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix with the kneading hooks first, then knead with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough. Form a ball.
– Wrap dough ball in foil and keep for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– Roll dough until it is 3-4mm thick.
– Cut circles of about 3 cm or 2.25 inches, place them on a baking tray,
– Bake in preheated oven on 175 C or 350 F for 5-10 minutes.
– Chop cranberries
– Beat egg white with a dash of salt and sugar until it is very firm.
– Mix almonds, starch, powdered sugar with cranberries.
– Combine with firm egg white, then fill it into a frosting bag (socket with 1 cm or 3/4 inch diameter).
– Squirt content on the baked circles, decorate with a piece of cranberry.
– Bake for another 10 minutes at 150 C or 300 F.