The German Cinnamon Star cookies are wonderful German Christmas cookies. The Cinnamon Stars are traditional Christmas cookies and the recipe is easy to make. You can buy them in almost every German bakery before Christmas. Unfortunately not in the USA but you always can make them at home. Get a a star shaped cookie cutter and the baking can begin. Happy Baking!
4 egg whites
250 g powdered sugar
300 g almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
peel of 1/2 lemon, organic
rum flavor to taste
optional: rectangle shaped baking wafers (see product below)
– Beat egg white very firm and add slowly powdered sugar; put 1/4 aside for the glaze.
– Mix ground almond, cinnamon and lemon peel with the egg white; you should get a dough that you can roll out.
– Dust some powdered sugar on a baking board, roll the dough and with a star cookie cutter cut out stars. Place the stars on a rectangle wafer and cut around the edges with a sharp knife.
– Put the stars on a baking tray laid out with parchment paper or a buttered surface.
– Preheat oven to 140-160 degrees C (320 F)
– Take remaining egg white and add some rum flavor (or if you like real brown rum) until you get a glaze which you spread on top of the stars but not too thick, just a thin layer.
– Bake the stars for 30-40 minutes.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.