What about German Christmas Cookies Vanilla Pretzel? Christmas is getting closer and closer and you might need some wonderful German Christmas Cookies for your family. Try the vanilla Pretzel or chocolate Pretzel! They are super delicious cookies. This is a very traditional and authentic German Christmas recipe. Happy Baking!
250 g butter
180 g sugar
1 vanilla bean
2 egg yolk
400 g flour
50 g grated walnuts
Glaze with egg yolk, coarse sugar, or chocolate
– Beat sugar with butter until foamy; stir in vanilla seeds and egg yolks.
– Sieve the flour, add it to the batter, add walnuts as well.
– Knead dough until it is smooth. Wrap in foil and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
– Then make thin rolls out of the dough and form them to pretzels.
– Put the pretzels on a baking tray layered with baking paper. Beat the egg yolk.
– With a baking brush spread egg yolk on top, and sprinkle the coarse sugar over it.
– Bake for 12-15 min on 350 F.
– If you want to use the chocolate glaze bake the pretzels without egg yolk and sugar first. When they are done dip them into the melted chocolate (use double boiler to melt chocolate)
Category: Christmas Baking, Christmas Cookies, German Bakery, German Baking, Holiday Recipes, Vanilla Pretzel Tags: christmas bakery, christmas baking, christmas cookies, christmas recipe, cookie, pretzel, vanilla, vanilla cookies