Ingredients (120 pieces) Filled Almond Stars
100g powdered sugar
30 g almonds ground, salt
100 g soft butter
1 egg, 1 egg yolk
200 g marzipan
8 tbsp milk
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg white, salt
50 g almonds, ground and roasted
200 g chocolate or red glaze
red eatable color
Baking Instructions Filled Almond Stars
- Sieve flour and sugar into a bowl; add almonds, egg and egg yolk, pinch of salt, mix and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap it in foil and keep it cool for 2 hours
- Roll the dough (use flour on the baking board) thin (2-3 mm); with a star cutter cut out stars and place them on a baking tray (layered with baking paper); keep it cool.
- Chop marzipan and dissolve it in a pot with milk and lemon; let it cool off.
- Beat egg white with 1 pinch of salt until firm; mix it with marzipan and at last add almonds.
- Place on each star 1/2tbsp of the filling in the middle of the star.
- Bake the stars in preheated oven on 170 C or 360 F for 12-15 minutes; let them cool off on the trays.
- Melt glaze in using double-boiler method and if you want to make them red, add some red color until you have the desired red color (preferably a darker red).
- Poke a cookie carefully on a thin fork (or use tooth pics) and dip it into the chocolate or red glaze but only to the edge of the filling in the middle(don't dip the whole star); place them on a baking grid and let them dry so the glaze becomes firm; store at a cool place.