Ingredients German Christmas Cookies Coconut Rolls
50 g dried papaya and 50 g dried mango
1 egg white
100 g grated coconut unsweetened - Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Shredded Coconut -- 24 oz
150 g cold butter
75 g powdered sugar
225 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 dash salt
Baking Instructions German Christmas Cookies Coconut Rolls
For the dough
- Cut butter in cubes.
- Place butter cubes, powdered sugar, cocoa, flour, egg yolk and salt in a bowl and mix it with the kneading hooks first, then knead it with hands (have hands dusted with flour) until you get a smooth dough.
- Chop fruit fine and knead it into the dough.
- Wrap dough in foil and place at least for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Form about 40-50 rolls and/or balls out of the dough.
- Beat egg white. Roll cookies first in egg white then in grated coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven on 175 C or 350 F for 10-15 minutes.