The German Christmas Chocolate cubes are simply irresistible.
250 g soft butter
250 g powdered sugar
125 g almonds ground
1 tbsp of each: cardamom, Piment (Allspice), ground ginger
50 Cocoa powder, unsweetened
50 g flour
3 packages dark cake frosting (each is 100g) – alternatively 12oz dark chocolate and 3 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil
220 semi sweet baking chocolate
50 g white baking chocolate
1. Place butter into a mixing bowl, sieve powdered sugar on top and with a hand mixer mix it until foamy.
– Add eggs, almonds and spices, mix it, then sieve powdered cocoa and flour on top and mix it until you get a smooth dough.
– Place baking paper on a baking tray and spread the dough on it, about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick.
– Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes on 160 C or 320 F.
– When done, cut the warm cake into squares of 2.5cm or 1 3/4 inches. Let them cool off on a cooling grid.
2. Chop baking chocolate and frosting chocolate with a heavy knife, melt chocolate by using the double-boiler method. Mix thoroughly, don’t let it become firm.
3. Dip each cookie into the liquid chocolate, and place it on a cooling rack.
4. Chop the white chocolate and melt it the same way as above. Fill it into a decorating bag, cut of a very small edge, then decorate the cookies by making fine lines.
5. Let them completely cool off before you place them into a cookie box.
Category: Chocolate Cubes, Free Membership Recipes, German Christmas Baking, German Christmas Cookies, German Cookies Tags: bakery, chocolate cookies, christmas, christmas baking, christmas cookies, German Cookies, weihnachten
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.