The German Christmas Chocolate cubes are simply irresistible.
250 g soft butter
250 g powdered sugar
125 g almonds ground
1 tbsp of each: cardamom, Piment (Allspice), ground ginger
50 Cocoa powder, unsweetened
50 g flour
3 packages dark cake frosting (each is 100g) – alternatively 12oz dark chocolate and 3 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil
220 semi sweet baking chocolate
50 g white baking chocolate
1. Place butter into a mixing bowl, sieve powdered sugar on top and with a hand mixer mix it until foamy.
– Add eggs, almonds and spices, mix it, then sieve powdered cocoa and flour on top and mix it until you get a smooth dough.
– Place baking paper on a baking tray and spread the dough on it, about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick.
– Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes on 160 C or 320 F.
– When done, cut the warm cake into squares of 2.5cm or 1 3/4 inches. Let them cool off on a cooling grid.
2. Chop baking chocolate and frosting chocolate with a heavy knife, melt chocolate by using the double-boiler method. Mix thoroughly, don’t let it become firm.
3. Dip each cookie into the liquid chocolate, and place it on a cooling rack.
4. Chop the white chocolate and melt it the same way as above. Fill it into a decorating bag, cut of a very small edge, then decorate the cookies by making fine lines.
5. Let them completely cool off before you place them into a cookie box.
Category: Chocolate Cubes, Free Membership Recipes, German Christmas Baking, German Christmas Cookies, German Cookies Tags: bakery, chocolate cookies, christmas, christmas baking, christmas cookies, German Cookies, weihnachten