Nothing can get wrong with this recipe! The German Chicken Pasta Stew is easy to make and you don’t need any special ingredients. We call it an Eintopf in German. Try out this authentic German recipe and you will love it! Happy Cooking!
6 chicken thighs
1 bay leave
salt, pepper to taste
2 red pepper
1 tbsp chicken broth instant (optional)
1/2 savoy cabbage
1 tsp paprika, hot – 1 tbsp paprika mild
150 g pasta (elbow or short macaroni)
3 tbsp chives, chopped
1.5 liter water, cold
3-4 tbsp roasted onions (dry)
– Place chicken in a big pot, add cold water and bay leave. Bring to a boil.
– Remove foam that occurs while coiling.
– Add salt, reduce heat, let cook for about 40 min.
– Cut pepper in small cubes.
– Cut of hard parts of cabbage, cut in small pieces.
– Remove chicken from the broth.
– Pour broth through a sieve into another pan.
– Add pepper, paprika spice, pasta and cabbage to the soup. Let cook for 12 min (uncovered).
– Remove meat from the bones, cut in small pieces if necessary.
– Add meat to the soup 2 min before cooking time.
– Spice with salt and pepper, add chives and roasted onions.