The German banana bread is not quite like the American version but it tastes as good as the US version. To get the best results you must use 100 percent ripe bananas. This is my personal version of banana bread, and everyone who tried it liked it a lot. Let me know if you like it. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Banana Bread
2-3 medium size ripe bananas (depends on the size)
100 g sugar (3.5oz)
1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker 0.3oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
114 g butter (1 stick)
250 g flour (8oz)
1 tbsp baking powder (Dr Oetker – Find it here on Lovegermanfood.com )
2 tbsp natural yogurt (Greek yoghurt is the best)
1 dash nutmeg and 1 dash salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp organic raisins (un-sulfured, unsweetened)
Comes with German Coffee, Honey, Jam…
Baking Instructions German Banana Bread
– Combine sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs, and beat well.
– In a separate bowl mix flour with baking powder.
– Peel bananas, slice and mash them in a separate bowl. Add yogurt, mix well.
– Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
– Add flour to the egg mix, stir well, then add bananas.
– Add cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins, mix well.
– Grease a loaf form with butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs (optional), then add the dough.
– Bake for 60 minutes on 350 F.
– Let cool off for 10 minutes before placing the bread on a cooling rack.