German banana bread is not quite like the American version but it tastes as good as the US version. The banana bread is the best when you use super ripe bananas. This is my personal version of banana bread, and everyone who tried it liked it a lot. Let me know if you like it.
Ingredients German Banana Bread
3 medium size ripe bananas (or 4 smaller ones)
100 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker 0.3oz – How to make vanilla sugar –
114 g butter (1 stick)
250 g flour
1 dash salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp natural yogurt
1 dash nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp organic raisins (not sulfured)
– Mix sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs.
– In a separate bowl mix flour with baking powder.
– Peel bananas, slice and mash them in a separate bowl; add yogurt, mix well.
– Add flour to the egg mix, stir well, then add bananas.
– Add cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins, mix well.
– Grease a loaf form with butter then add the dough.
– Bake for 60 minutes in pre-heated oven on 350 F, then let it cool off for 10 minutes before placing it on a baking grid.