The German apple cake – easy recipe – is perfect for baking beginners or if you don’t have much time for baking a cake. We found a very easy recipe for you. Just mix all ingredients, place apples on top, bake it, that’s all. Serve the apple cake with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream, and enjoy a piece with a cup of German coffee at the traditional German “Kaffee und Kuchen” time (coffee and cake). Happy Baking!
– Combine all ingredients, except apples, in a bowl. By using a hand mixer mix well for 2 minutes until the dough is creamy.
– Peel apples, remove core and seeds, cut first in halves, then in slices.
– Pre-heat oven to 355 F.
– Grease a 10 inch spring form very well with butter and dust with flour.
– Place batter into a greased cake spring form .
– Layer all apples on top.
– Bake in preheated oven on 355 F for about 60 minutes.