The German Anise Cookies are for the holidays or, especially in Germany, for Christmas only. These German Christmas cookies are very easy to make and you do not need any special ingredients like for many other German cookies. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Anise Cookies
(makes 45 cookies)
2 egg white
60 g sugar
1 tbsp grated lemon peel
1 tbsp anise ground
Baking Instructions German Anise Cookies
- Place the frosting bag with a star nozzle in the fridge (the bag needs to be cold so the egg white-sugar-dough will not separate while squirting).
- Layer the baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg white slightly, add slowly sugar and continue beating until the egg white is creamy to firm, then add lemon peel and anise, mix it.
- Fill cream into frosting bag and squirt little heaps on the baking tray (keep a distance in between the cookies).
- Bake it in preheated oven on 100 C or 212 F for 2-2.5 hours - it's more a drying process than baking.