Today we feature a special cake: Fruit cake with Tiffin liquor. It’s a special creation using the liquor made of black tea called “Tiffin.” Below the fruit is a layer of pudding that is combined with some Tiffin which adds a creamy note to the cake. Tiffin liquor itself has a note of bergamot, rose petal, all spice and fresh herbs, with flavors of dark fruit and black pepper. It has become a a top-selling tea liqueur in Japan. Find more info here
You will like this cake. We did not add a glaze on top because the pudding layer is just fine. Happy Baking!
1 small can mandarins, unsweetened
1 package Vanilla pudding Dr. Oetker – How to make Vanilla pudding –
2 cups milk
1 package vanilla sugar Dr Oetker – 0.3oz
2-3 shots Tiffin Liqueur – Find this liquor at winechateau.com
– Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well with a hand mixer.
– Grease a German form for fruit cakes (diameter 10 inches or 26cm, see below); dust thoroughly with flour
– Pour batter into the form.
– Bake for 10 min on 175 C or 350 F (poke a tooth pick into the dough to see if it’s done, no dough sticks at the pick means the cake is done).
– Make the pudding per instruction.
– When the cake is already done let it cool off a bit.
– Add Tiffin to the pudding, mix well.
– Spread a layer of the pudding on the cake.
– Place the fruit on top as you see on the photo or create your own design. You can use kiwi, banana, raspberries, peaches or pears; cherries only sour cherries.
Serve with whipped cream.