The Fruit cake with Tiffin liqueur is a special creation using the black tea liqueur Tiffin. Below the fruit is a pudding-Tiffin layer which adds a creamy note to the cake. Tiffin liquor itself has a note of bergamot, rose petal, all spice and fresh herbs, with flavors of dark fruit and black pepper.
Tiffin is actually a top-selling tea liqueur in Japan. Find it at the US importer Duggansdist.com.
You will like this cake. I did not add a glaze on top because the pudding layer is just fine. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Fruit Cake with Tiffin Liqueur
1 small can mandarins, unsweetened
1 package Vanilla pudding Dr. Oetker - How to make Vanilla pudding -
2 cups milk
1 package vanilla sugar Dr Oetker - 0.3oz
2-3 shots Tiffin Liqueur - Find it at www.Duggansdist.com
125 g sugar
100 g flour
9 tbsp oil
1/2 package baking powder
1/2 package vanilla sugar (optional)
- mix all ingredients well and pour into a greased form (diameter 10 inches, preferably a German form.
- bake for 30 min on 175 C or 350 F
- make pudding per instructions when the cake is already done and has been cooled off a bit.
- add Tiffin to pudding, mix well.
- spread a layer of the pudding on the cake, then place the fruit on top as you see on the photo or create your own design. You can use kiwi, banana, raspberries, peaches or pears; cherries only sour cherries.