Learn today about a recipe that is very popular in the South of Germany: Fried Potatoes with some ham. Just delicious! It is the perfect side dish for Bratwurst or serve it for brunch with some sausages and a fried egg.
In Germany we call the fried potatoes "Bratkartoffeln", and there are different ways to make them. But many people say the version from the South is the best. Try it out and let us know what you think. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Fried Potatoes
1 kg Gold potatoes
1 cup cooked ham
1 small onion
salt, black grated pepper, ground nutmeg to taste
sunflower or canola oil to fry
Cooking Instructions Fried Potatoes
- Boil potatoes the day before and keep them in the fridge (that's the best).
- Peel potatoes and slice them thinly.
- Chop onion fine.
- Cut ham in small cubes.
- Heat oil in a non-sticking skillet, then saute onions until transparent, add the ham.
- Saute for 1 minute, then add sliced potatoes. Add spices as needed. Stir carefully, don't mash potatoes.
- Turn them several times until they are slightly brown on all sides and crunchy.
- Serve them with lettuce.