You can use this instructions also for grapefruits or lemons. Let me show you how this is done:
What you need
– a sharp knife – the sharper the knife the less ‘juice-loss’ you are going to have. If you use a serrated knife you may as well use a hacksaw.
– non-slip cutting board
– sharp paring or chef’s knife – not serrated
– Organic oranges
Instructions Fillet an Orange
1. Cut the top and bottom off the orange.
2. Set your knife where the pith (white stuff) meets the flesh and start cutting downward in a curved motion following the shape of the orange.
3. Turn the orange a bit counterclockwise and repeat. If you turn it clockwise the blade will cover the pith/flesh and you will not be able to see where to cut. Cut – turn – cut – turn – cut – turn ’till you’re done.