The filled butter cake from Germany is very similiar to the regular butter cake but this cake has a delicious filling. This filling is consisting of vanilla pudding and if you have some egg liqueur (Verpoorten), you can add it to the filling – that makes a little difference. If you add some teaspoons of cocoa powder to the pudding you have a nice creamy chocolate filling. Or add some raspberries, blueberries or apricots to the filling. There are plenty of variations. Enjoy this cake! Happy Baking!
Ingredients Filled Butter Cake
100 g butter, in flakes
75 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar
120 g sliced almonds
750 ml milk
80 g sugar
2 packages vanilla pudding – How to make Vanilla Pudding –
Baking Instructions Filled Butter Cake
– make the yeast dough: warm the milk a little bit.
– into a bowl add sugar, vanilla sugar, butter, egg and salt with the milk.
– dissolve the yeast, mix it with the flour, knead it until you get a smooth dough.
– cover the dough with a kitchen cloth, let raise at a warm place for 40-50 min.
– sprinkle baking board with some flour, knead the dough again.
– roll it on a greased baking tray, with the tip of your finger make little molds in the dough, place butter flakes in each mold.
– mix sugar, almonds and vanilla sugar and sprinkle it on the dough.
– cover it, let raise for another 25 min at a warm place.
– pre-heat oven and bake for 25 min on 350 F.
– let the cake cool off completely, cut in 4 pieces of the same size.
– because you want to fill them, cut the cake horizontally.
– Use a sharp knife and cut each piece into 2 pieces so you have a lower and upper part.
– Make the pudding per instructions, let the pudding cool off a bit before you spread it on the lower part piece, cover it with the upper part piece. Repeat with all pieces.
– Keep the cake for 2 hrs in the fridge or 5-10 min in the freezer.
– Before serving cut the pieces again. If you like you can add a thin layer of powdered sugar on top right before serving.