1 kg potatoes
100 g flour
100 g starch
salt, pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions Easy Potato Dumpling Recipe
- Boil potatoes. You can peel them and cut in quarters or boil with the skin but then you need to peel them while they are hot.
- Squeeze potatoes through a potato press (they must be hot). You also can use a potato masher. Potatoes must be mushy.
- Let cool off until they are warm.
- Add eggs, flour, starch and salt/pepper.
- The potato dough should be slightly moist. If you are uncertain do a test and cook one dumpling. With moist hands form a dumplings of a tennis ball size.
- Bring water with some salt to a boil, reduce heat a bit so that the water is slightly boiling.
- Place the dumplings into the water for about 10 min. When the dumplings swim at the surface let them in the water for another 5 min.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and serve them right away with your favorite meat and gravy dish.
You can add herbs or fill them with cheese, fried mushrooms or roasted onions.
January 7, 2017 Potato Dumplings Easy