There is nothing better than a German salad such as the easy German tomato salad! The best is to use ripe, firm and organic tomatoes to get the full tomato flavor. You can vary the herbs and if you like add fine sliced German pickles. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Easy German Tomato Salad
500 g ripe tomatoes
salt, black pepper to taste
1 smaller onion
2 tbsp sunflower/canola oil
1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
1 dash sugar
2 tbsp chives, chopped or spring onions
Herbs to choose from: dry or fresh herbs such as parsley, lovage, basil, marjoram
Cooking Instructions Easy German Tomato Salad
- Wash tomatoes, pat dry, cut in halves, and in quarters, and again in quarters. You also can slice them.
- Cut off the green part of the stem.
- Place into a bowl with the salt. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop onion fine.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, chopped chives and pepper (add other chopped herbs if you like) and – optional -1-2 tbsp water.
- Carefully mix tomatoes with the dressing.