One traditional German cake for Easter is the Easter lamb cake. To make this special cake you would need a special baking lamb form, and we found some on Amazon. It’s basically a cake similar to a pound cake, you could marbelize it add some lemon as a variation. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Easter Lamb Cake
125 g butter
100 g honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 g ground hazelnuts or almonds
200 g flour
1.5 tsp Dr. Oetker baking powder
125 ml milk
1 tbsp baking rum (optional)
Baking Instructions Easter Lamb Cake
– Beat butter, honey and eggs until foamy.
– Add vanilla and grated hazelnuts, mix flour with baking powder, add to dough, then milk and rum.
– Take baking form apart.
– Grease the form with a baking brush very thoroughly (use butter or oil); put it back together and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
– Fill in the dough but don’t fill it completely otherwise it will overflow during the baking process.
– Bake on lowest level for 1 hour at 175 degrees C or 347 ; place a sheet of aluminum foil on top after 30 minutes, so it won’t get too brown.