Duchess Potatoes or Herzogin Potatoes are a great potato side dish for any entrees or main dishes. They are perfect for venison and steaks. Germans love potatoes and there are more than 200 German potato recipes existing. Enjoy this German recipe. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Duchess Potatoes
750 g potatoes
150 g butter
4 egg yolk
salt, ground nutmeg to taste
Cooking Instructions Duchess Potatoes
– Peel potatoes and boil them until they are soft.
– Drain water.
– Place them in a potato press and add butter bit by bit (not at once); cut little flakes and mix them under the mashed potatoes.
– Add 3 egg yolks, spice with salt and nutmeg, mix very well.
– Place mashed potatoes in a decorating bag (star nozzle) and spread little flowers of about 2 inches diameter on a greased backing tray.
– Coat every potato flower with some egg yolk.
– Bake in pre-heated oven on 420 F for 10 min until the surface of the duchess potatoes shows a golden color.
– Serve them right away with your favorite main dish such as Wiener Schnitzel, roasted pork or beef…