The German Ice cream dessert Banana split is served in every ice cream parlor – Eisdiele – in Germany. The origin is actually from the USA, from Latrobe, a city in Pennsylvania. It’s been said to use three different ice cream flavors: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. The German version is using two: vanilla and chocolate. This ice cream specialty has gone around the globe and it’s served in a long dish which makes the dessert look like a boat.
In Germany the dessert had been made popular after ww II through the Italian Ice cream parlors that got established all over the nation. Enjoy this dessert. Happy Icecreaming!
Ingredients Dessert Banana Split
150 g heavy cream
1 package vanilla sugar 0.3 oz – (optional but adds a super nice taste)
4 scoops vanilla ice cream OR 2 scoops and 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
chopped or sliced almonds
Cooking Instructions Dessert Banana Split
– Use bananas that are ripe but still are somewhat firm, they should not have any dark spots.
– Peel bananas and cut lengthwise.
– Whip heavy cream with vanilla sugar until firm.
– Fill whipped cream into a frosting bag with a star nozzle.
– Add a good amount of whipped cream on a bowl that has a long form. There are special banana split forms available.
– On each side of the whipped cream place a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
– Place the banana halves left and right on the place, so it looks like a boat.
– Sprinkle almonds on top and decorate with some lines of chocolate sauce.