Cucumber Stew is a delicious German main dish with ham or without. Ideal for a meatless dinner, just don’t use ham. The cucumber stew is easy to make and tastes the best with English cucumbers or special cucumber for cooking. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
1 -2 cucumbers, English
1-2 slices cooked ham – dont use ham if you prefer a vegetarian dish
1 garlic clove
1 small potato
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp vegetable broth
2 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch sugar
salt, white pepper to taste
1 hard boiled egg
1 tbsp chopped dill
– peel cucumber, cut in half and remove seeds. Cut in slices.
– cut ham in stripes.
– peel garlic and onion, chop fine.
– peel potato, cut in small cubes.
– melt butter, saute onion and garlic until transparent.
– add ham, fry ham briefly, then add cucumber and potatoes.
– add broth and heavy cream.
– spice to taste, let simmer covered for about 8 min.
– peel egg, chop roughly.
– sprinkle egg and chopped dill on top before serving.