The German Creamy peach cake is our cake for today! Germany is well known for its cakes (Kuchen) and Tarts (Torte). And the German ladies are also well known for their fabulous home made cakes which are the best. It is a tradition to meet Sunday afternoon for coffee and cake – the so called Kaffee und Kuchen Time – either with family or friends, either at home or in a Cafe – it is always enjoyable because you will get the best cakes. Important to know is that that all stores in Germany are closed on Sundays, and only Cafes and bakeries are open (aside gas stations of course). Every German town has its bakery and it is open extra Sunday afternoons because many people like to get a piece of cake for the Kaffe and Kuchen time.
Enjoy the Creamy Peach Cake. It is a delicious German cake. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Creamy Peach Cake
200 g soft unsalted butter
150 g sugar
zest of 1 (organic, all natural) lemon
1 tbsp rum (optional, or rum flavor)
300 g flour
50 g corn starch
50 g ground almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 dash of salt
butter to grease the baking form
For the filling
1 bigger can or 2 small cans peaches, about 10-15 halves (preferably unsweetened)
50 g sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
50 g ground almonds
For the Frosting
2 egg white
2 tbsp cold water
100 g sugar
half vanilla bean
2 egg yolk
2 tbsp hot water
40 g flour and 40 g potato starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
Baking Instructions Creamy Peach Cake
– Mix butter, sugar, egg, lemon peel and rum in a bowl and whisk it until foamy.
– Add flour and starch, almonds, cinnamon and a bit salt.
– Knead the dough until it is smooth.
– Keep it covered in the fridge for 1 hour (or wrap it in foil).
– Now grease with butter a 10 inches diameter spring form and fill in the dough.
– Make an 1 inch high edge all around.
– Bake it in the preheated oven by 200 degrees or 390 F for about 20 minutes in the middle.
– Put peach halves into a sieve and allow the juice to drip off. Place them on the cake, one after the other
– Mix sugar with cinnamon and together with almonds sprinkle it over the peaches.
– Whisk egg white with water firmly; add slowly vanilla and sugar.
– In another bowl whisk egg yolk with hot water until creamy – then mix it with the egg white.
– Mix flour, starch and baking powder and fold in the egg mix.
– Paste it onto the peaches.
– Bake cake for another 15 minutes on same temperature.
– When done get the cake out of the form and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
Enjoy it with whipped cream and a cup of coffee!