The Creamy Green Asparagus Potato Soup is a delicious soup - very easy to make and super creamy. We use green asparagus and potatoes, a good combination for a soup. Authentic German recipe. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Creamy Green Asparagus Potato Soup
4 medium potatoes
8-10 green asparagus (not the super thin asparagus)
1 smaller onion
1 liter vegetable broth, instant or home made - How to make Vegetable Broth -
125 g crème fraîche
1 splash dry white wine (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Cooking Instructions Creamy Green Asparagus Potato Soup
- Peel onions and potatoes, chop onions fine. Cut potatoes in cubes.
- Cut asparagus in about 1 inch long pieces, keep the top parts if you like.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, saute onions and potatoes for about 2-3 min.
- Add broth. Let simmer until potatoes are soft.
- In a pan heat olive oil and brown asparagus on high temperature very briefly. Add the wine.
- Cook for 1-2 min, then add to the soup.
- Let simmer for about 5 min or until asparagus is soft.
- Puree the soup with a stick mixer.
- Add creme fraiche and mix again very good.
Decorate with the asparagus tops and drizzle some drops olive oil on top if you like. If you like sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese. Serve with fresh bread and butter.