For the creamy German herb soup Frankfurt style you would use the same herbs as you would use for the popular "Frankfurt Green sauce", the Grüne Sosse - Find the recipe for the Green Sauce here -
It's a delicious soup with different herbs such as parsley, chives, dill, borage and some more (see in ingredients the herb mix). Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Creamy German Herb Soup
2 small onions
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
750 ml - 3 cups - vegetable broth, instant or Homemade - How to make Vegetable Broth -
a mix of fresh herbs such as parsley, cress, chives, borage or dill, salad burnet or tarragon, sorrel, chervil
2 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
salt, pepper, lemon juice to taste
Cooking Instruction Creamy German Herb Soup
- Peel onions and chop fine.
- Heat butter and saute onions until transparent.
- Dust with flour, add vegetable broth.
- Let simmer for 15 min.
- Prepare herbs, chop roughly.
- Add herbs and creme fraiche to soup.
- With a stick mixer puree soup.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Serve with fresh bread and butter.