For the creamy German herb soup Frankfurt style you would use the same herbs as you would use for the popular “Frankfurt Green sauce”, the Grüne Sosse – Find the recipe for the Green Sauce here –
It’s a delicious soup with different herbs such as parsley, chives, dill, borage and some more (see in ingredients the herb mix). Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Creamy German Herb Soup
2 small onions
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
750 ml – 3 cups – vegetable broth, instant or Homemade – How to make Vegetable Broth –
a mix of fresh herbs such as parsley, cress, chives, borage or dill, salad burnet or tarragon, sorrel, chervil
2 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream
salt, pepper, lemon juice to taste
Cooking Instruction Creamy German Herb Soup
– Peel onions and chop fine.
– Heat butter and saute onions until transparent.
– Dust with flour, add vegetable broth.
– Let simmer for 15 min.
– Prepare herbs, chop roughly.
– Add herbs and creme fraiche to soup.
– With a stick mixer puree soup.
– Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Serve with fresh bread and butter.