Ingredients Creamy German Broccoli Soup
500 g broccoli
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp clarified butter or olive/sunflower oil - How to make clarified butter -
1 tsp vegetable broth, instant
100ml heavy cream
1 tbsp sauce thickener eg from Mondamin or 1 tbsp corn starch (optional)
salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
750 ml water
Cooking Instructions Creamy German Broccoli Soup
- Separate the broccoli flowers from the stems, peel stems and cut in small pieces.
- Chop onion and garlic fine.
- Heat clarified butter, saute onion and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Add broccoli and saute for 1-2 min.
- Pour in water, bring to a brisk boil, add instant broth.
- Let simmer for 10 min.
- With a stick mixer puree the soup. Add heavy cream, spice to taste.
- If you use the sauce thickener bring the soup to a brisk boil.