150 g flour, sieved
150 g butter
1 egg yolk
70 g sugar
70 g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon or more
zest of 1/2 lemon, organic
200 g sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
Baking Instructions Cinnamon Rings
– Sieve flour on a baking board.
– Cut butter in small cubes. Place on flour togetehr with egg yolks, sugar, almonds, cinnamon and zest.
– Knead all ingredients fast until you get a smooth dough. Form a ball, wrao in foil and keep in fridge for at least 30 min.
– Roll out of the dough small strings, cut off some parts and form circles.
– Layer baking tray with baking paper, place rings with a distance (2 inches) from each other on tray.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15 min on 180 C or 375 F.
– Mix sugar with cinnamon, place on a soup plate.
– Turn the hot rings in the sugar and let cool off on a baking grid.